Travelsmart Vip Club Reviews

Show reviews that mention
travel smart money membership vacation scam travel royalton contract people resort
Filter review

Verified Reviewer
Travel Smart VIP is owned by SUNWING TRAVEL GROUP (in Canada) and the Hunter family (Colin Hunter, Stephen Hunter) as well as TUI Group. All the resorts which are part of this scam are the following: Blue Diamond Resorts, Royalton, CHIC, Grand Lido Negril, Hideaway,...

Hi Jonathan, First of all, Thank you for doing this bec I know from my own experience with these people It was a hard fight but I'm glad I didn't give up I fought until finally I got my money back through the help of my credit card company. I hope and pray the same thing for you...TO WIN YOUR CASE AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK. All the best!

ID
#1996236 Review #1996236 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Travelsmart Vip Club Vip Membership

Dissatisfied Member

You must get everything in writing. The customer service representatives are always misinformed and you receive conflicting information on a regular basis. I had 15 reservations and they refunded 11 and ignore what they told me and will not give a reason whey they denied the rest other than COVID19. They make up there own rules. The resorts are fine but they are inflexible when it comes to reservations.

User's recommendation: Visit but don’t buy a travel package because you limit your flexibility.

Good Afternoon Timothy, First and foremost, we appreciate you taking the time to also reach out to us directly regarding this situation. An agent has been assigned to assist you with the situation and should be in touch with you shortly. We are sorry to hear that you have not been satisfied with the assistance provided by our customer service representatives, please rest assured that your comments have been shared with our management team in order to be addressed and avoid any such bad impressions in the future.

ID
#1965001 Review #1965001 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Verified Reviewer

Is there any lawyers willing to do a class act lawsuit for travelsmart

How do we band together and get our money back from travel smart. They are a RIP off and I believe we should have a way out of the legal scam they have going. It is unfortunate that hard-working people with good credit have to be taken advantage. First off they have one person for financing, Sebastian Ponce. And then they have these Spanish or Indian people, who just learned English, that you cannot understand providing customer service. They refuse to transfer you to a manager. And they refuse to process a payment over your scheduled amount. They cut off my login access, because I was overdue which requires me to deal with someone on the phone and then when I try to reactivate it we have a hard time, I get annoyed of them not understanding me and vice versa. I notice,whenever you ask too many questions they hang up the phone or when you try to call regarding something other than joining or payment no one answers the phone. Also, I have been getting fraudulent timeshare rental which is supposedly a scam, which I believe my information through travel smart has been leaked. So if there is anyone out here willing to take on a class act lawsuit to get people out from under or to get us our money back or out of this contract, then please we beg you for assistance. Because what is the point of a timeshare that you pay regular price for anytime you visit with no real discount. I pay $362 month for a 20000 dollars. To book it they charged me $1300 per person not including flights which is another 400 dollars.so for flights and rental there is no real bargain cause I got it for 1200 per person including flights from travel agent with no further obligations. There is no benefit and no justice. During the presentation that is not how it was explained. We are begging for help out of this unjust, unreal, horrible mistake contract.

User's recommendation: Do not join this timeshare it is truly not worth the financial hassle. Just book and go cause the price is so much better and there is no commitments.

You are exactly right. There was no deal here and we too lost a lot of money.

Hello Nafe, I am sorry to hear about the horrific treatment you are experiencing. Rest assured that you are not alone in this.

If you are in Canada, I am finalizing a lawsuit against all the companies involved and their parent company (Sunwing Travel Group) which is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, along with their Directors personally as they are vicariously liable for the fraudulent actions of their employees and we will have a Judge here in Canada lift the various corporate veils and jurisdiction issues so that we can get judgment personally against their founders here in Canada, Colin Paul Hunter and Stephen Hunter (current President), who are both Canadian residents. Please e-mail me at travelsmartfraud@***.com The more Canadians we are, the better it will be. If we have enough, we'll file a class action and put an end to this company for good. If you are not in Canada, please find a list of companies that can help you get out of your contract with them.

https://www.mytimeshareexitreviews.com/ Good luck. Cheers!

@Jonathan D Lip

Thank you.

Dear Member, First and foremost we thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention and we are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the attention provided by our team. We do feel that we must clear up some of the allegations including within your post, we have an extensive finance team made up of many different agents and our member service center is located in Miami where all of our agents are fully bilingual.

If you feel you are experiencing difficulties communicating my phone you are also welcome to reach our team by email at any time.

We would very much like the chance to clear up any confusion you may have as to how your membership operates as well as the benefits included, such as the best price guarantee, as we are confident that once your doubts have been answered you will be extremely satisfied with the services provided. If you could please reach out to us at socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com with your member ID, and referencing this review, we will ensure an agent reaches out to you directly as soon as possible.

View more comments (3)
ID
#1961115 Review #1961115 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Travelsmart Vip Club Membership
Pros
  • Nice hotel
Price reduction

Verified Reviewer

Trying to claim my money back

Hello All, To make it short, I found out it's not as it was explained during the set up or what they call a presentation. Since Mid October 2019 I was in contact with them for several months to cancel and get my down payment of over 6K Canadian dollars. Finally, the cancelled the contract, but Zero dollars was refunded. I'm trying to find away to claim the money back. It's total scam. Although, their cost is Zero dollars I'm willing to pay a little penalty. If someone knows away, please advise.

User's recommendation: Don't buy TravelSmart VIP membership.

Good Morning Raed, We're sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the service and solution provided to you upon the cancellation of your membership. You can find the full details regarding the cancellation process in Clausula 7 of the contract signed and provided at the moment of purchase. If you reach out to us directly with your contract number or member ID, referencing this review, to socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com we will gladly clear up any confusion or doubts you may have as to the status of your cancelled contract.

@TravelSmartVIP

Hello Travel Smart, Don't try to hide behind false claims, that you will work with us and all kind of lies etc. I went through it all.

It's straight forward, You charged me for a service which never received. When I asked to cancel the contract, You stole Yes you stole my full deposit of $6,144.00 CAD. You are operating in a lawless country or so. There is no way this could happen in Canada.

People ask to cancel simply because you lied to us. Interesting thing, You kept communication open with me till it's over 90 days since the contract date, you kept giving me hope that we may work something out. Then all of sudden, you cancelled the contract and kept the full deposit. You clearly knew, over 90 days, credit cards cannot charge you back.

To All, it's important to contact your credit card companies to charge back Travel smart. If you really interested to know my ID and really want to do something about it, Let's do it publicly here you go: Member ID: 394**** Proof me wrong.

@Raed B Jzf

Hello Raed, We are in the same boat and I am in Canada too. I am in the process of filing a lawsuit against all the companies involved and their parent company (Sunwing Travel Group) which is headquartered in Toronto, along with their Directors personally as they are vicariously liable for the fraudulent actions of their employees and we will have a Judge here in Canada lift the various corporate veils and jurisdiction issues so that we can get judgment personally against their founders here in Canada, Colin Paul Hunter and Stephen Hunter (current President), who are both Canadian residents.

If we have enough, we'll file a class action and put an end to this company for good. Cheers!

View more comments (2)
Benito Juárez, Quintana Roo
Travelsmart Vip Club Vip Membership
Pros
  • Love all the resorts
Cons
  • That they lied to us
  • Trapping people into 30 years deal
  • Not as promised

Dissatisfaction

I am having the hardest time in recieving my refund. My trip was canceled due to the coronavirus. The resorts are closed and the message from TS was to refund travelers money. The customer s service line is clueless. Their accounting office is in another country. I have used them in the past and had no issues, however this is the first time I had to cancel a trip. I am very disappointed.

User's recommendation: Dont use Travel Smart,

Thank you, all I wanted was a response and an update. I'm sure you can understand the delay in recieving my credits based on family members situation due to the virus. My past experience with TS has been satisfying.

Good Morning Daniel, Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention once again. As we're sure you can appreciate, all of our processes are unfortunately taking longer than usual due to the unforeseen circumstances that the current worldwide pandemic has caused.

As our team have advised you, your refund is in the process of being completed.

We apologize for any inconveniences this situation may have caused you and we appreciate your understanding and patience during this time. If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

View more comments (1)
ID
Cons
  • Accounting office in another country
Full refund

They are the biggest scammers ever

Boy I do wish I had read their reviews before my husband and I went with them. They are the biggest scammers and liars ever. I want all my money back and I do not want to be a part of this resort how can we fight them and bring a civil lawsuit on them? They need to be brought all the way down. They take your money and tell you false things that are not true. You get a better deal booking on line through a travel agent or website. They do not treat their customers good at all!! Im very very unhappy and upset with them.

User's recommendation: DO NOT LET THEM SCAM YOU. STAY AWAY.

Good Afternoon Keisha, We're very concerned to hear you have formed such a negative impression of our company. Regarding your feedback, we do understand that concern that can be raised by negative comments however we do ask that our members take into consideration not only the fact that the positive feedback received far outweighs the negative but also the fact that we address each and every post we receive as we understand the importance of member feedback.

Please keep in mind that one of the key benefits of the membership is the best price guarantee ensuring that the accommodation rates we provide to our members are the lowest available.

If you could contact us directly at socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com with your membership details, referencing this review, we will gladly clear up any confusion you may have as to the benefits you have available to you and how best to use them. We're confident that if you give us the chance to clear up your doubts you will be more than satisfied with your membership plan

@TravelSmartVIP

You must have got yourself confused @TravelSmartVIP... You can look everywhere on the internet (TripAdvisor, ComplaintsBoard and this very website) and the NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FAR OUTWEIGHS the positive ones and the odd and rare positive feedback have been crafted in a manner to make people believe that they were from actual satisfied members when in fact they are the same accounts that are used to comment over and over again to try to deceive people into thinking that their review or experience is real, and they even get disrespectful to other people in comment replies, calling them stupid and names for having signed a contract under the influence of alcohol and under undue pressure, for an unsolicited membership that they never wanted in the first place.

@Keisha I am sorry to hear about the horrific treatment you are experiencing. Rest assured that you are not alone in this. If you are in Canada, I am finalizing a lawsuit against all the companies involved and their parent company (Sunwing Travel Group) which is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, along with their Directors personally as they are vicariously liable for the fraudulent actions of their employees and we will have a Judge here in Canada lift the various corporate veils and jurisdiction issues so that we can get judgment personally against their founders here in Canada, Colin Paul Hunter and Stephen Hunter (current President), who are both Canadian residents. Please e-mail me at travelsmartfraud@***.com The more Canadians we are, the better it will be.

https://www.mytimeshareexitreviews.com/ Good luck. Cheers!

@Jonathan D Lip

Good Morning Jonathan, We understand that our VIP membership plan is not for everyone and once again we're sorry to hear you did not even give yourself a chance to experience the high-level benefits we offer but please do not assume that the 15,000+ members who frequently use our services feel the same way you do. We invite you to visit our facebook page, or any of the many facebook groups owned and operated by our members, for a true perspective of how our members feel.

We're sure you appreciate that you cannot come on to a complaint website and expect to encounter positive reviews. We will repeat our offer of assistance to you, which you have so far declined to accept, and request that you contact us directly at socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com with your membership details so we can assist you further because as we mentioned to you previously we are unable to identify individual members by their usernames alone.

View more comments (2)
ID
Pros
  • Beautiful resorts
  • Clean
  • Loved the resort and location
Cons
  • Never tell the truth
  • Focused on selling time share
  • Not as promised

Scam in Mexico

They are a scam in Mexico they took 2,204.00 from me I try get my money back I was also told it wasnt a time share and I could cancel in five days with nothing in writing when I try to canes they said it include the weekend and said they going to keep all of my money

Good Afternoon Merna, We're very sorry to hear that you wish to continue with the cancellation of your membership without experiencing the many benefits it has to offer. If you could be so kind as to check your email inbox you'll find that our team has made several attempts to contact you in order to assist you further with your request. Should you require additional assistance at any time please do not hesitate to reach out to the service agent assigned to your case or via email at socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com

Brooklyn, New York

Complain

Expensive they practically want 100% full membership payment plus maintenance b4 they can do anything for the customers tried to book a hotel in Hawaii through RCI 5th of march for December 14 same year no can do.not available but if i go through anyone else like trip advisor no problem bottom line travelsmartvip is biggest mistake i made.

User's recommendation: Don’t but traveksmartvip.

Dear Poster, We're concerned to read about your experience with your membership and the inaccuracies of the allegations within your post. As we're sure you can appreciate, we cannot be held responsible for, nor can we modify, the availability at resorts outside of our chain and are offered by third party suppliers.

If you could reach out to us directly at socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com with your membership details, referencing this review, we will gladly clear up the misconceptions you appear to have regarding the use of your membership plan and the benefits involved. We are confident once you fully understand your membership you will be extremely satisfied with all the options and benefits you have available to you.

Vacaville, California

Run. Major rip off

Pure scam. Royalton Travel Smart. Noting but headaches trying to claim the rebate.

Hi Pam, We're sorry to hear you have formed such a negative impression of our company. We would very much like to know why you feel that way; If you could send your membership ID and further details regarding your experience to socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com our service team will gladly assist you further.

Travelsmart Vip Club Royalton Resorts Vacation Ownership
Pros
  • Resorts are beautiful
Cons
  • Lies and deception
  • Misled in the vacation package
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
I just came back from St-Lucia Royalton and attended their 90 minute speech to become a member and the closer- Sales Manager was an arrogant slime with no reason to be a human being. When I told him that I had enough of his number crunching with no proof and asked for...

Dear Poster, We have shared your comments with our team in St Lucia in order to ensure situations such as these do not repeat themselves. This kind of behaviour is not in keeping with the high levels of service we continually strive to provide to both our members and resort guests. We apologize for any inconveniences and/or bad impressions that may have unintentionally been caused due to this situation.

Saint-Hubert-De-Riviere-Du-Loup, Quebec

Stay away

Were staying at the Grand Memory Splash and our room concierge offered us a VIP breakfast and a welcome package so we agreed. The next day meeting the concierge he informed us its a 90 minute meeting and if we dont stay he wont get any commission. Unfortunately we attended to hear the sales pitch. When we decided it was not for us they became rude and arrogant. What a complete waste of a morning.

Good Afternoon Selma, We're very sorry to hear about your experience with our team during your vacation. This is not in keeping with the levels of service we provide and please rest assured that your comments will be shared with management in order to be addressed. We apologize for any bad impressions that may have unintentionally been caused due to this situation.

Travelsmart Vip Club Membership
Cons
  • Scam
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

Beware Travelsmart, dishonest practices.Money deducted without authority. False contract.

Beware Royalton St Lucia and Travelsmart. Constant harassment by staff to join Travelsmart. During looking at what was involved and under false and misleading pretences with Ian Gilbert(closer) Travelsmart Fraudulently deducted a large sum from my credit card without authorisation and prior to going through or signing any documents or contract. False signatures were used or random initials not linked to us on a post dated contract. Cancelled this within 5 days but a refund has not been received. Travelsmart are now in breach of their own contract. I have complained to the general manager Rudy Richardson who wont get involved but allows Travelsmart staff to roam freely within the resort and not take responsibility Dalia Eugene (the Travel smart Rep) issued a settlement termination agreement for a full refund but revoked it within two days by sending a Re worded document with a much lower figure with a USD $28950 gagging order she expects me to sign, highly illegal! I have all proof and facts of the case with emails and am prepared now to take further action. The people named are all involved shamefully. Pay the full refund scammers.

Good Afternoon Lee, the document provided to you by our team is a Termination Agreement which needs to be completed in order to cancel the legal contract you have with our company. Please be advised that you are under no obligation to sign however the cancellation of the contract cannot proceed without that document. Please feel free to reach out to the agent assisting you directly should you have any further doubts regarding the cancellation process.

@TravelSmartVIP

Firstly the Termination Agreement does not form part of the contracts cancellation policy, it is not required by the bank or credit card company and is not legally required under consumer credit law which you are severely breaching. My lawyer has categorically stated that this is not a legal document and it will not be signed.

The termination agreement does state however that I must agree to removing all bad publicity or I must agree to pay USD $28950.00, this is not to cancel and obtain a refund but is a gagging order. If you want me to “shut up” then pay up! The longer it takes you to return my money the more you will be charged in damages. I will not give up as I have a legal right to cancel and get a full refund.

You have committed fraud and you will be held accountable when I am finished with you. Secondly you already have all my details which you illegally and fraudulently used to obtain funds from my account and they will never be provided again.

You are crooks, scammers and criminals and with so many similar complaints, it is only a matter of time before you are caught. Oh and Dalia, be honest for a change and pay up before it’s too late!

@PissedConsumer1838340

Nice, we agree with you.

@PissedConsumer1838340

Well said......

Rubbish. Scam artists!

Never met such a dishonest company. They wouldn’t know the truth if it hit them.

Still ongoing, they refuse to give any refund without first signing a gagging order. They are criminals.

View more comments (5)
Travelsmart Vip Club Customer Care
Cons
  • Illegal and fraudulent practises
Not as described/ advertised

Verified Reviewer
Worst travel company on the planet. You can save more on Expedia or virtually any other web-based travel site. They will not notify you of your annual fee, and then attempt to exhort hundreds of dollars from you. Avoid this scam! After paying almost $20,000 for the...
#1820165

Agreed

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Price reduction

Stay Away ! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Update by user Jan 29, 2020

My loss was a total of $5,000

Original review posted by user Jan 29, 2020
I went to the Royalton Resort and attended this presentation back in July 2019 and purchased with a payment of $2,500 down. When I arrived back from my vacation I had a significant life change upon 4 days after my vacation. I called to cancel and was told that was not a problem. Well, for the next three months a payment was taken from my credit card ! I constantly called and requested info via mail for documentation and to cancel. Each time, I always spoke to someone different, and they were never able to see the previous notes from prior communication! I never had a paper trail or communication to provide to my credit card company to retrieve a reverse payment for the cancellation. I finally begin to receive emails that said I can't cancel but I can get a cheaper rate ! After not responding, I then received an email that was lacking punctuation and the proper grammar which included a text free app phone number. When I called, the response was Hello, no business name at all ! I'm still trying to recover from this mess ! I just want my money back !!!!!

Good Afternoon Larnell, We're very concerned to read your experience and we appreciate you taking the time to bring it to our attention. If you could reach out to us directly at socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com with your membership details, referencing this review, we will gladly ensure one of service agents looks into the situation for you in order to have it resolved as soon as possible.

Travelsmart Vip Club Vacation Ownership
Pros
  • Never got to use it
Cons
  • Illegal contract
  • Bad customer service
  • Swindle good people of their money
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Verified Reviewer
Travelsmart Vip Club - Please dont spend your hard earned money with TravelSmart
This review is going to be a repeat of every other bad review you have read about travel smart. They are not in the business to service the paying members. They are in business to take your money. I have paid $10,000 with them and haven't made a single trip with them...

Did you see the screenshots I've attached with my review? Why don't you provide a solution?

instead of copying and pasting the same message to every complaint. I'm using these websites after trying multiple times to work with your customer service representatives. They are basically thugs.

Every other travel site I've used like Expedia, Travelocity have provided the price match guarantee when proven without asking any questions. You guys have all the reasons not to provide value to your customers.

Travelsmart Vip Club Diamond Membership
Pros
  • Beautiful resorts
Cons
  • Slow resolution response times
  • Predatory and deceptive sales practices
Pricing issue