Travelsmart Vip Club Reviews

Show reviews that mention
travel smart money membership vacation scam travel royalton contract people resort
Filter review

Have a working phone number

your phone number is not working

Dear Poster, We're sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties reaching our team by phone. We haven't had any other reports of issues with the line however we will gladly have it revised to ensure it is operating correctly.

Please keep in mind that the lines will only be functional during operating hours and calls made outside of those hours will not connect. For contact made outside of business hours, we do recommend using our official email address.

Phoenix, Arizona
I got the presentation from travelsmart and it was basically an aggressive sales pitch to buy a timeshare. $20 grand for 100,000 points or something like that. What was most concerning to me is that I wasnt allowed to think about it for a day or two... they wanted me...

Well Done

Salvaleón De Higüey, Provincia De La Altagracia

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: AVOID AT ALL COSTS! AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

Update by user Feb 22, 2020

Finally our points were reinstated after a lot of aggravation.

Original review posted by user Jan 14, 2020
This matter has been ongoing since 20 December 2019. 12 days ago I asked to speak to a manager and I’m still waiting for one to contact me! The service from Travelsmart is absolutely diabolical! I do not expect to be treated so badly when they are holding on to over $US 20,000.00 of my hard earned money! This is unacceptable! I will start legal action against Travelsmart for mis-selling, misrepresentation, breach of contract and theft. A year into our agreement, we upgraded and were told that the remaining points we had under our old contract for the year 2019 would be rolled over. This has not happened and I have been told that we cannot have the points which are rightfully ours. We paid for both of our agreements in full. Therefore their retention of our points is illegal, it is theft. We feel disrespected, hence why we are cutting all ties with Travelsmart. It is not worth the aggravation and stress. I am disgusted at the way we have been treated! EVERYTIME we deal with Travelsmart there is an issue! I work a full time 9-5 job and I do not have the time or energy to keep on chasing them! Travelsmart have had ample time to resolve our complaints but they clearly do not care about us, our feelings and the unnecessary stress they have caused us. All they have done is ignore my emails and that’s exactly what they’ll do to you if you challenge them. I would not recommend Travelsmart to my worst enemy. Do not do it people, it sounds glamours and they’ll pretend to give you the world but once they have your money, they’ll start treating you like *** This matter has been dragging on for long enough. Travelsmart owe me an explanation, an apology and damages!
London, England

Beware the Presentation

We accepted an offer for the Travelsmart presentation here at the Grand Memories Splash. We were told it would be a 90 minutes presentation in return for breakfast and coupons to restaurants we would have to pay for. We made it VERY clear we would not stay a minute longer. Once in the sales pitch, which consisted of no actual information on what they were selling, and repeated check ins from his “boss” every time we clearly said we were not interested. Frustrated at 1 hour and 45 minutes in and repeated disregard for our disinterest, we were then told they were going to take us on a tour! My wife wasn’t having it and walked out with our daughter annoyed leaving me behind still being told about how much money we’ll save. Worst part....didn’t even get our vouchers!!! Beware the absolute lie of it being a 90 or less minute presentation. Just walk away and say no....don’t let a minute of your vacation go to these guys.

What was most concerning to me is that I wasn’t allowed to think about it for a day or two... they wanted me to sign right way and charge my credit card right away. The presentation was over for me at that point and I said no. The sales guy got upset and walked away in frustration.

It was funny how quickly he went from a nice guy to an angry monster.

It’s a scam, plain and simple. Don’t let it ruin your vacation, just say no to these sales pitches, because they’ll take up half your day.

Dear Poster, First and foremost please accept our apologies for any bad impressions that may have unintentionally been caused by our resort team. The length of the presentation can vary since we need to do a personalized vacation profile based on your needs.

As part of our quality procedures, we strive to present the best possible membership options to each guest during their time with us. We are sorry this situation led you to form such a negative impression of our company and please rest assured that your comments will be shared with our management team in order to be addressed and to ensure future situations of this kind are avoided.

View more comments (1)

Verified Reviewer
Travelsmart Vip Club - STAY AWAY!!
Travelsmart Vip Club - STAY AWAY!!
Update by user Feb 19, 2020

@travelsmartvip

Update by user Feb 19, 2020

Just got off the phone with @travelsmart and they said they will honor the price of this vacations price I received if I take down this post. I told them I want what they promised 30% off of the price I find for every vacation. He told me no and it...

We just signed with Travel Smart and spend a few hours and... some $.

I hope our next vacation is gonna be a real good one like this one, here in Punta Cana. The presentation was long but it was made by very nice peoples and the atmosphere was great. I know very well that... nothing are for free and all the promises and the promotions "just for us" are part of a marketing thing.

We wait till our next vacation and then we will gona see if Tsv is a scam ot not. We hope not

Travelsmart Vip Club Membership
Cons
  • Will not keep all their promises
  • Complete scan
  • Fact that they take advantage of people

Read everything

I would like corporate office number as I have a issue and they aren't letting me use my time share by no fault of my own.

My husband and I are travelsmart members who bought a $40k membership. Somehow all of our personal and private information has mysteriously gotten into the hands of scammers and we are now out $28k and cannot use our membership.

TS will say like they’ve told you, call the number listed on their website which nobody can help you there.

I suggest getting in touch with the corporate office at Sunwing for some help. Best of luck to you- travelsmart has been horrible to deal with.

Good Morning Jyron, We're sorry to hear you have been unable to use your vacation membership. You can find the full list of our toll-free numbers on our official website. Alternatively, if you could send us your membership details, referencing this review, to socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com we will gladly ensure one of our service agents reaches out to you directly in order to assist you further.

View more comments (1)
Rome, New York
Pricing issue

Verified Reviewer

Not standing behind their members

Update by user Jan 08, 2020

UPDATE! Travelsmart continues to not respond to our messages.

We have now once again had another company reach out to us posing as Travelsmart and they have our credit Card number and membership number. I have once again contacted Travel smart and await a reply. I have sent TS the documentation showing that this has happened again. TRAVELSMART how does yet another company have our credit card number, membership number etc.

Etc.?? We have been waiting for a very long time to get a response and this clearly shows you do not care about your clients and continue to sell or give out our personal information.

Original review posted by user Dec 09, 2019
My husband and I purchased our travel smart membership in January 2019 while visiting Punta cana. Two months later, we upgraded our membership. We were very happy with our membership and service until now. We received an email and phone call from travel smart asking us to pay the remaining balance of our membership. If we did so, we would save 5%. We thought it would be beneficial to do this to save that extra money and not have our $400 monthly payment to worry about. We paid our remaking balance of $28,000 and change. Last week I emailed our rep from travel smart to inquire to ensure they received our full payment. Turns out, this was all a scam. Somehow, other companies have all of our information including our membership number and details along with our names, phone number and emails. We are out over $28k. I messaged travelsmart this morning and was told that its been happening to many companies including travel smart. Now if TS knew about this why were their members not contacted? Why was nothing posted to their FB page or webpage? How are other people getting a hold of our personal information? I am disgusted with how we are being treated. WE are the ones out a lot of money and they could care less.

Update: spoke to a lady from TS concierge who stated that TS takes no responsibility for our membership number, names, phone numbers, address and personal emails being available to the fraudsters who have our $28,000. Travel smart claims they have investigated it and it’s not their fault- that somehow magically our personal information got into a scammers hands by Facebook or another online search.

I am not sure how someone could retrieve our private information such as our travel smart account number through anywhere except on travel smarts end. Travel smart doesn’t give a crap about what their so called family is going through and will not help us one bit! A multi million dollar company, we are just a dollar sign to travel smart and have been 100% taken advantage of. Our membership is completely useless to us now as we do not have any money left to travel after getting scammed.

Do not trust travel smart if your life depends on it. They made themselves out to be people who truly care when frankly they don’t care as long as they keep getting their new members and money.

Thanks travelsmart. Unfortunately the nice lady from concierge explained that we were victim of a scam however cannot explain just how other people are getting our personal information. Why cannot management contact us?

What you are stating is untrue. We have sent numerous messages directly to travel smart and our messages are not being returned.

We can however see that travel smart has read our messages but have only received one reply to our very first message. I will go back and if I can attach the messages I have sent without replies. As for an email being sent out to your clients regarding this matter, neither myself or my husband have received an email from travel smart at anytime. What you are stating is untrue.

I believe you are only replying to this post In order for Travelsmart to not look bad. I would greatly appreciate if someone would contact us directly.

Like I already mentioned, we have sent 3 messages and have yet to receive a reply back via your messenger on FB. We can see that our messages have been read.

@Tracy S Sqt

Hi Tracy, Please feel free to log in to the member access section of our website where the header section is our privacy policy and guarantees, as we mentioned there is also the link to the frequently asked questions regarding the incident. The email campaigns were sent out to all members at the principal email address registered to your account at the time of purchase. As we're sure you can appreciate, for security reasons, facebook messenger is not used for addressing situations of a sensitive nature and we are able to see that you have been in contact with our resort team via email but by all means, we will have them reach out to you once again in order to continue assisting you.

@TravelSmartVIP

Hello Travel Smart. Thank you for your reply.

Yes I have been in contact with the one person at the resort where we upgraded our membership, however we are not receiving any information other than there is an investigation. I had written a detailed message to Claudia at the resort and asked for it to be forwarded to management. I do not know if this has happened. I have also reached out through email to travel smart twice now and have not received a reply.

A few of the questions are in regards to this latest post from you stating the an email was sent out to the primary email of all of your members regarding these incidents. Like I’ve said, neither my husband or myself have received such emails and would appreciate a copy sent to us via email. I have also asked I do regarding the FQA’s because I cannot find any option on our tablet while logged into travelsmart where there are FAQ’s that mention this incident/ I am hoping for help to find this information, nobody has gotten back in touch with us (your auto-reply states usually within a few hours- it’s been a couple of days now and still no reply. I have tried to speak with management, however they were of course unavailable so I was told to email.

As I’m sure as a working man, you can appreciate that $28,000 could potentially be a personas yearly salary and this was money we didn’t have just laying around to give away. It seems that Travel Smart has no problem replying on here, but will not speak personally via phone or email (besides for what little I’ve heard from Claudia) although we think the world of Miss Claudia, and she does an exceptional job with her clients, it is management that we would like to speak with but this seems to keep being avoided. We are trying to be very patient- but know knowing what is going on, not hearing back after many messages and now emails have been sent is not satisfactory for us. We are members of your company.

We invested just under $40,000 and deserve to speak with someone who may be able to ease our minds a least a little bit. I would appreciate if you could confirm that my email that I sent to Claudia last week was forwarded to management as well That our other two emails send on Wednesday have been received. As stated above, we would like to have this letter emailed out to ous for our records as well as where we can find these FAQ’s in regards to this incident on your members page. If you prefer not to contact us, and this is how you want to continue though a posting group about unhappy costumers, I can certainly continue.

If you could fulfill our request and reach out to us privately, I truly believe it will be in the best interest for both of us. - waiting for your email or call

Good Afternoon Tracy, Once again we're very concerned to hear about your situation and we appreciate you taking the time to bring it to our attention. We must clarify that several communications were sent out to our members, and information regarding the situation is readily available on our website including our privacy policies to safeguard all payment information as well as details of the only official payment options and accounts. As this situation was reported directly to our service team and you have been and continue to be in direct contact with our agents; they will continue to assist you directly regarding this matter.

@TravelSmartVIP

What you are staying is untrue. We have sent numerous messages directly to travel smart and our messages are not being returned.

@TravelSmartVIP

I’m a travelsmart VIP member and know that what TS is saying is all lies. I haven’t got any notice that there’s a scam going on.

Thanks TS for letting your members know they’re at risk. Not the company I thought u were.

@PissedConsumer1788087

Hi Anonymous, As we mentioned above, please feel free to log in to the members' access section of our website to verify all the information detailed above. If you could provide us with your member ID or contract number we will gladly assist you further.

View more comments (8)
Travelsmart Vip Club Membership
Pros
  • Beautiful resorts
Cons
  • Giving out our personal information
Lost money

Travelsmart Vip Club - They sold us lies and we lose money
In 2013, I became one of the first Travel Smart members, Travel Smart (part of the Canadian Sunwing Group) call us founders. We bought a 30-year membership ( US$ 25.559, -) with yearly 30.000 points. The promised us a lot but the most important was savings!! EXAMPLE:...
#2035127

We have been members since 2015. With each vacation we do not see any savings.

You can book thru other sites with a greater savings. We were promised the same type of room on each trip. What they do not tell you is that each resort has has a different definition of what a luxury suite looks like. We hate to complain every time we travel but Travel Smart makes it very hard not to.

We feel we are not treated any differently than someone who just booked and are not members. On one occasion we were given the wrong bracelets and were denied access to some amenities.

Pricing issue
Preferred solution
A better deal. It is stupid that members pay more for a holiday!!

Update by user Dec 09, 2019

We came to an agreement

Original review posted by user Dec 08, 2019
Travel Smart is a complete SCAM!!!!! Be aware this company will try to feed alcohol and hold you hostage... Till you sign up for there scam program. We said no several times while they wasted our vacation time. We were exhausted and under the...
ID
Cons
  • Complete scan

DO NOT USE-TOTAL SCAM

I have paid for 3 years totaling over $4,000 and they are still trying to debit my account. They even charged me at late fee of $146 all the while I was being auto drafted. This place is a total scam and you can get the same rate without paying a membership fee by going through a REPUTABLE company like bookit.com. I am filing lawsuit but they hide behind their Canadian law. I am reaching out to the bank to try and get my money back.

Very true...

Dear VioletSparrow, We're sorry to hear you have been experiencing difficulties with your membership payments. The account debits are programmed to continue until the full balance of the membership has been paid off.

If you could reach out to us at socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com with your membership details and referencing this review we will gladly have our finance department look into the situation for you.

Regarding your allegation that cheaper rates can be found online, please keep in mind that we are part of the same travel group alongside the resorts we offer therefore guaranteeing our accommodation rates to be the lowest on the market. This is also why we offer a best price guarantee to all members, details of which can be found within your membership guide.

@TravelSmartVIP

Typical BS response without actually checking my account. If you had done your due diligence, you would see that I AM PAID IN FULL.

Feel free to contact me although I won’t hold my breath This so called travel club is a scam and I don’t know how y’all sleep at night.

In regard to my “allegation” of cheaper rates, I invite ANYONE to go to BookIt.com and compare. Let’s keep in mind the flight IS INCLUDED, unlike your ridiculousness!

@Karishma Yrb

Hi VioletSparrow, Unfortunately, we are unable to check your account until you provide us with your membership details as we requested above. As we're sure you can appreciate we have over 15,000 members who actively use their membership so we are unable to identify our members from anonymous usernames.

We are more than willing to assist you however in order to do so we will need you to contact us via the address listed above with your membership details.

Once we receive your details our team will gladly clear up any confusion you may have as to how your membership discounts can be applied as well as how the Best Price Guarantee works. We're confident you will be more than happy with your membership once you fully understand how to use it.

View more comments (3)
Travelsmart Vip Club Membership
Cons
  • These people are scam artists do not use

Your decision.

To be fair to Travel Smart they did refund me all of my deposit paid after cancelling.
Travelsmart Vip Club Membership
Pros
  • Food was good
  • Most of the staff were very friendly
Cons
  • Misrepresentation
Reason of review
They did refund me all of the deposit after I cancelled.

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Do Not Sign Up - Crooks & Liars!

Update by user Nov 21, 2019

I got a full refund, very happy.

Update by user Nov 21, 2019

To be fair to Travel Smart VIP they have now refunded all of my deposit after cancelling.

Original review posted by user Nov 08, 2019
They kept $1132 of my money even though we cancelled within 24 hours of signing, well within the 5 day cooling off period. Luckily, i paid with a credit card, they are happy to open a dispute on my behalf. At their request, i asked for a copy of the contract but they refused. After posting on here, they called me from Mexico to say they were going to refund me the full amount. I genuinely believed them. They wanted me to sign to say on receiving the refund, i would take down any negative posts. That seemed fair. However these people are not fair, they are crooks and now i have found out they are liars. I honestly don't understand why they contacted me if they had no intention of giving us the refund. My recommendation, which i have learnt the hard way, do not stay at any Royalton Hotel. You will be hassled to join their scheme which is a scam. I've lost a lot of money and will never stop posting in order to share my story until they honour their promise to refund me. STAY AWAY FROM ROYALTON HOTEL AND ESPECIALLY TRAVEL SMART!
Travelsmart Vip Club Membership
Cons
  • Worst kind of human
  • Thieves and liars
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Don’t buy

Impossible to use, no 30% off lowest price rebate. No remorse in letting you know you were lied to.

Dear HarshLemming850, We're sorry to hear you have been experiencing difficulties in using your membership. We offer assistance online, via our toll-free numbers as well as via email to all our members in order to facilitate the use of the membership.

If you could send us your membership details to socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com , referencing this review, we will gladly assist you further in using your membership as well as clearing up any doubts you have as to how your membership discounts work as well as the benefits you have included. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you further.

Salvaleón De Higüey, Provincia De La Altagracia
Travelsmart Vip Club Vacation Ownership
Cons
  • Fact that they take advantage of people
  • Focused on selling time share
  • Wasting my family precious time

Update by user Jan 16, 2020

Travel Smart agreed to cancel my membership.

Update by user Nov 07, 2019

Monetary loss $9,000 not $9

Original review posted by user Nov 07, 2019
My husband and I went to Royalton St Lucia for our wedding anniversary and were trapped into buying a Travelsmart VIP membership. After hours of intense sales pitch of what was supposed to only be...

Travel Smart contacted me and solved my problem. Please remove posting

ID
Cons
  • Con artists
  • Scammers

Terrible Service

We signed up for Travel Smart VIP and advised the sales people at the time that I'm getting an assistance dog and asked if this would be an issue, the sales person spoke to the sales director who assured me that it wouldn't be. However when I got back to the UK I got in touch with TUI and the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) who advised against traveling such a long distance with an assistance dog as there is no contingency for a dog being on the plane with me for such a long time. I have tried to cancel my membership due to the reason above, but they have stated I cant and if I didn't pay the monthly charge then this will effect my credit rating etc. Can someone please get in touch and help me resolve this issue.

Good Morning @Chrystie, We understand that our team have now solved this situation for you. Should there be anything additional that we can help you with at any time please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Poor customer service