Highway Macao Uvero Alto Beach, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

We went on vacation to Chic Hotel in the Dominican Republic Nov 2016 and was constantly harassed to join this club member. When we finally agreed to speak with them we lost half of our day cause they took so long trying to figure out what was happening. We ended up purchasing the entire club membership and spent 12000 on the spot during our vacation because they made it seem like we were getting a deal.

They offered us a 5 free night accommodation to the memories grad Bahamas good for 2 years and when we tried to book it the 1st year they said it was unavailable due to renovations. We got busy the next year and wasn't able to book it in time and when I called the help line they said they couldn't do anything about it and that they were going to escalate it to the manager to see if we can book it now since it was a week and a half over the expiration date or the possibility of extending. I was told I would hear back within 24 to 48 ours and its been 5 days since and still no reply. I spent 2 hours on the phone with these people.

Upon review of my contract they also made mistakes on our points. This was very misleading and confusing and they failed to explain it.

We owed 2 years of membership fees which I ended up paying on the spot which was about $900.

So I called today because we have points from 2017 that we are about to loose and tried to book a vacation but the vacation was still going to cost me $2600 to Mexico which is crazy. Still no accommodations for our frustrations and their mistakes. still paying and arm and a leg for vacation trips considering we already dropped 12000 on this membership when we could have used that money in the next 12 years to book a no hassle all inclusive trip. not have to pay even more. WHAT DID WE EVEN PAY FOR? on top of 300 club fees that's another 3000 on top of the 12000 together for this 10 year membership. AND I STILL HAVE TO PAY 2600 For a trip to MEXICO. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ***

Product or Service Mentioned: Travelsmart Vip Club Smartpoints Membership.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Travelsmart Vip Club Cons: Taking advantage of nice people, Wasting my family precious time, Misrepresentation, Harrassed the people into joining this club, Everything was a money grab.

• Travel club scam