602 views

I signed up with Travel Smart VIP in March, 2017 with approximately $5800 down and $280 monthly payment. Tried to book a vacation with them today and there is no discount, the quote given is the same as what I would pay if I'd gone through Expedia or some other travel site.

I asked why someone would pay the amount of money I've paid if there is no benefit to me. The response was it is a long term benefit and in 15 years or so, I will be able to travel more often, more cheaply.

I said that is contradictory to the information I received during the high pressure sales pitch. I asked where the corporate office is and was told--not joking!--"I can't tell you." I immediately canceled by recurring payment and contacted my state's attorney general's office.

Product or Service Mentioned: Travelsmart Vip Club Membership.

Reason of review: The membership is not what was stated during the sales pitch--not close!.

Travelsmart Vip Club Cons: That the company does not.

Comments

#2002651

We heard from a very reliable source that Travel Smart has gone out of business due to Covid. However, continuing to take our monthly payments.

They are in the process of possible negotiations with the Marriott chain.

We were never notified of this because they all still taking calls. Your points are of no value anymore so you are paying almost full price for vacations and they try to give you benefits comparable to Diamond Club Services.

#2002704
@Wafa Isl

Good Morning Wafa, As we have responded to your previous posts on other channels, TravelSmart has not gone out of business nor has it been purchased by Marriott. You are welcome to verify the news of the Marriott Merger on any reliable news source however as we informed all of our members, this does not affect the membership in any way. If you would like further information regarding the new, lower Member Preferential Rates that we are now offering please feel free to reach out to us directly and we will gladly clear up any confusion you may have regarding this situation.

#1519927

Hi scamfighter I am also interested in your class action lawsuit

@PissedConsumer1519927

I am also interested although I have done a lot of research and they're not getting away with this.

I've been calling this "company" for 3 days and no one has ever answered the phone. All I get is fun in the sun music.

Meanwhile, I can't get anyone to explain how I redeem this bootleg voucher I got from them on my last vacation! What a sham!!!

@PissedConsumer1415474

Unfortunately, our offices are closed over the weekend RhoRich which is why your call may have gone unanswered but we will gladly verify the lines to ensure they are working correctly. You are also able to reach our team at any time using the alternative numbers on our website or via the email address published on the certificate. If you could send us through a private message, or email to socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com, with the certificate details and your preferred method of contact, we'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you in using your complimentary gift certificate.

I am initiating a class-action. I need documented evidence that there are no benefits to be a member of TravelSmart.

Compare their offer for vacation (do not forget to include the cost of "SmartPoints", membership fee…) with a quote from a reputable online travel agency.

Print them. It should be the same place, room, date, flight… If you are willing to join the initiating group, send a one page complaint with detailed info, contract number, signed date, name to: scamfighter@***.net

@PissedConsumer1414743

Are you still going forward with this? I would like my money back, almost $15,000.

@PissedConsumer1414743

Scamfighter, As you pursue and ask others who have buyers remorse to supply you with comparable cost details, I think you should remind people that when they look at room pricing, they should be looking at Diamond Club rooms. After reading many complaints I have noticed that many, if not most people, look at the standard Lux Ste without privileges (lower cost) and not the DC Lux Ste. Just a thought.

@PissedConsumer1414743

has a class action suit been initiated? i would like to join

Dear member, We're very concerned to hear that you feel that way about the membership plan purchased. As TravelSmart is a part of the Sunwing Travel Group alongside the resorts that we offer, the rates available to our members that are significantly lower than the market rate.

If you could send us through your membership details to socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com we will gladly have a member of our team contact you directly in order to show you how to use your membership to obtain the best pricing and clear up absolutely any doubts you may have.

@TravelSmartVIP

This is a carbon copy of TravelSmart reply. There is a paid person there, who writes it all the same on every negative feedback just to make impression that they take care of their customers.

@PissedConsumer1414746

Our offers of assistance are extended to any and all members who may require our help ScamFighter. It is unfortunate that you have declined our many requests for your membership information and any details as to why you have formed such a negative impression of our company as without this information we are unable to help, which ultimately, is our main goal!

@TravelSmartVIP

I would like assistance how to cancel my contract as I was also lied to. I have had numerous communications with Travelsmart and all I get is the runaround and no resolution.

Travelsmart / Sunwing have no interest in repairing customer relations. They are taking people's life savings under false pretences

Good Morning Paul,

If you could send us through your membership details and further information regarding your complaint to socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com we will gladly look into the situation for you and assist in anyway we can.

@PissedConsumer1414746

Hi ScamFighter - I would like to join your lawsuit. I will send my complaint to you for the class-action suit.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything complaint on this site.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY no discount or benefits for this membership. I am angry at myself that they scammed me into this and lost a few thousand dollars and still having to pay monthly for this BS!

@PissedConsumer1462268

Hi UnHappy Customer, We're very sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with your membership. If you could send us through your member ID to socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com we will gladly clear up any concerns or doubts you may have as to how best to use the membership to be able to fully enjoy the discounts and benefits you have available.

Travelsmart Vip Club Reviews