361 views
Verified Reviewer

Update by user Feb 19, 2020

@travelsmartvip

Update by user Feb 19, 2020

Just got off the phone with @travelsmart and they said they will honor the price of this vacations price I received if I take down this post. I told them I want what they promised 30% off of the price I find for every vacation. He told me no and it doesn’t really matter because there is no way to cancel my membership.

Update by user Dec 30, 2019

While I wait for Travel Smart’s response - which I am sure will echo the responses they gave everyone - that they will not honor BookIt’s free member rate, I am considering starting a class action suit. A lawsuit by one client may not be worth the expense, however if we all initiate an action we may be able to recover. The fact is that a contract should be mutually beneficial, not just Travel Smart taking our money!

Original review posted by user Dec 27, 2019

I found reservations for less then travel smarts membership offered, sent details to travel smart and they would not honor the discounted rates I found.

They became rude when I asked why cant I get the promised 30% off of the price I found and they told me to refer to the contract. I was told I would receive two free weeks in a Royalton presidential sweet, this two was not honored.. stay away, you will get better deals on any other website without a membership.

Product or Service Mentioned: Travelsmart Vip Club Membership.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Travelsmart Vip Club Cons: Will not keep all their promises, Complete scan, Fact that they take advantage of people, That they lied to us.

Comments

We just signed with Travel Smart and spend a few hours and... some $.

I hope our next vacation is gonna be a real good one like this one, here in Punta Cana. The presentation was long but it was made by very nice peoples and the atmosphere was great. I know very well that... nothing are for free and all the promises and the promotions "just for us" are part of a marketing thing.

We wait till our next vacation and then we will gona see if Tsv is a scam ot not. We hope not

@Darby See

Now,after i read all this reviews i m a little bit scared...

@Darby See

All the best to you. I only wish I saw these reviews before I signed...

@Darby See

I wish you the best, but I doubt they will honor the promises that they made.

@Darby See

Hi Darby, Should there be any part of the membership you have doubts about or if you require assistance at any time please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com and we will gladly assist you. We look forward to helping you travel for many years to come.

LIES!!!!!!

@PissedConsumer1816236

Why do you respond to these post but you don’t respond to the emails we send?? You say you will be happy to fix any problem but still I have yet to hear from you except to make everyone think it’s not a scam on this website....

70% of your customers are unhappy. I don’t think we all just miss understood our contracts.

We were the ones that did research and saw you cheating us!! SCAM ARTISTS!!!!

@TravelSmartVIP

We were the ones that did research and saw you cheating us!! SCAM ARTISTS!!!!

Good Morning Jason, We're sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the benefits and savings offered by your membership. We offer a Best Price Guarantee to ensure our accommodation rates are the lowest on the market, a copy of the guarantee as well as the steps needed to apply it can be found in all membership documentation as well as on our website.

If you could send us through an email with your membership details, referencing this review, to socialmedia@travelsmartvip.com we will gladly verify any confusion as to the additional amenities you have included within your contract as well as clearing up any doubts you may have.

We're confident once you fully understand the membership you will be extremely satisfied with the value it provides! We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you further.

@TravelSmartVIP

This is clearly the basic answer Travel Smart gives everyone. I spent three hours on the phone with TS and this is exactly the answer the agent read to me.

However, when I quoted BookIt’s price the agent said since I signed in they will not honor the price. Bookit is free and their prices beat Travel Smart.

I want a refund. The package is a scam!

@Jason F Ckp

As we mentioned above, we are more than happy to help Jason however we will need you to provide us with your membership details in order for us to do so.

Contract ID# 695**** Member #351****

@TravelSmartVIP

I can also show you the rate I received from bookit that travelsmart wasn’t unwilling to honor.

@TravelSmartVIP

Why have I not heard back then? You have all my info...

@TravelSmartVIP

This must be an automated response...

@PissedConsumer1798655

It is. I sent my information to them via the email they sent me as well as this platform and I have still not heard a word from them

@PissedConsumer1798658

They are terrible!! I’m waiting for answers myself and they do not reply!!

I’ve spoken to many unhappy TS members who are in the exact same boat!! Nobody replies, but they try to look good on here.

@TravelSmartVIP

And I still am waiting and have yet to hear anything back.

@PissedConsumer1800239

We get emails saying that someone will be in touch with us as well....doesn’t happen. We just had yet another “company” with our private and personal information including our membership number, credit card number and names email us to update our cc info.

I emailed Travelsmart to ask if this is them and the response is that our file is being sent to corporate and someone will be in touch. We got a similar email 2 weeks ago and still nobody has contacted us.

We too have our TSV membership and have found waaay lower rates directly through Sunwing. We have in writing that we would receive 30% off the lowest we can find- now we are told it’s 15%.

Even with the 15% off it’s still cheaper to hire you through Sunwing which is absolutely insane!! Plus travelsmart is using 40,000 of our smart points the the room and it’s a free upgrade though Sunwing.

This has been the worst experience of my life. It’s empty promises and false information

Travelsmart Vip Club Reviews